Giving | What Can A Community Foundation Do For Me?
As a professional advisor, you probably have clients who are interested in charitable giving. At the Community Foundation for the Ohio Valley, Inc., we are committed to helping you help your clients to achieve their philanthropic goals. Many of your clients may already be donating regularly to the organizations and programs they care about, both locally and nationally. By partnering with the Community Foundation, you can make it easier for your clients to give effectively, while helping them receive tax benefits they may not realize on their own.
Here are just a few of the ways the Community Foundation for the Ohio Valley does this:
• We work as your partner. You stay in control of your client relationships-we’re here to help you provide a full range of services to your clients.
• We are experts on charitable giving. Whether it’s setting up an alternative to a private foundation or putting together a complicated estate plan, we can tailor giving plans to meet your clients’ particular needs.
• We are experts about our community. We can help your clients be as effective as possible in their giving.
• We offer the opportunity to recommend charitable giving to your clients without recommending a specific charity. By working through us, your clients can support a wide range of charities locally, nationally and internationally.
• We help you connect across generations. When you help families establish an advised fund with us, you and they can stay involved for generations.
• We help your clients who may donate a variety of assets. These might include cash, appreciated securities and real estate. These can be assets they give now or later, as part of their estate plans.
• You can help make a difference in the lives of your clients. By partnering with us, you may be able to help your clients increase their current income, increase their beneficiaries’ inheritance, leave a legacy in the community, and teach their children about philanthropy.
• As a public charity, we offer maximum federal and state tax benefits. And starting a fund at a community foundation is significantly less expensive-and easier-than starting a private foundation.
The Community Foundation for the Ohio Valley provides accurate and timely information, so you can better serve your clients. Our staff can provide printed materials and custom presentations upon request. There’s so much more we’d like you to know. For more information, contact the Community Foundation for the Ohio Valley, Inc. (email@example.com).