SWN STEM GRANTS
Southwestern Energy will concentrate efforts to support public school STEM education by awarding mini-grants to K-12 teachers in Brooke, Ohio, Marshall and Wetzel county schools for projects that incorporate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) concepts into the classrooms. Maximum awards will be $500. Innovative and creative project proposals are encouraged. These mini-grants are to support projects and programs that are not covered by school budgets. All grant recipients will be asked to report on the expenditure of the funds and provide a summary of project outcomes. Projects must be completed by December 2021.
Types of projects to be considered:
- Innovative and creative projects
- Projects that are age appropriate
- Projects that are designed to improve, advance, and enrich student learning
- Projects that leverage additional funds (match)
- May be formative ideas that explore learning concepts or fully tested models that are ready to be adopted and disseminated
SWN STEM grant program will NOT fund:
- School laboratory supplies or equipment for general school use
- Media equipment (computers, digital cameras, projectors, white boards, DVD players, etc.) and furniture (display and book cases, carts, etc.)
- Continuation of projects previously funded by other sources
- Routine responsibilities of the educator submitting the proposal
- Projects that require multiple academic years for completion
- Admission fees and stipends for conferences, workshops, and competitions
- Transportation, incentives, meals, and refreshments
Grants may be used to compensate outside experts who come to work with students, but not to pay teachers or staff. Resources requested should be integral components of a well-planned classroom project/lesson plan, and important to its success.
Application and project timeline for 2021:
Applications available CLOSED
Application deadline CLOSED
Award notifications 4/19/21
Project completion / Grant reports due: 12/2021
CFOV will vet the applications and forward to Southwestern Energy for award recommendations.
Additional questions may be directed to Debbie at 304-242-3144 or email@example.com