SWN STEM GRANTS
Southwestern Energy will concentrate efforts to support public school STEM education by awarding mini-grants to K-12 teachers in Brooke, Ohio, Marshall and Wetzel county schools for projects that incorporate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) concepts into the classrooms. Maximum awards will be $500. Innovative and creative project proposals are encouraged. These mini-grants are to support projects and programs that are not covered by school budgets. All grant recipients will be asked to report on the expenditure of the funds and provide a summary of project outcomes. Projects must be completed by June.
Types of projects to be considered:
- Innovative and creative projects
- Projects that are age appropriate
- Projects that are designed to improve, advance, and enrich student learning
- Projects that leverage additional funds (match)
- May be formative ideas that explore learning concepts or fully tested models that are ready to be adopted and disseminated
SWN STEM grant program will NOT fund:
- School laboratory supplies or equipment for general school use
- Media equipment (computers, digital cameras, projectors, white boards, DVD players, etc.) and furniture (display and book cases, carts, etc.)
- Continuation of projects previously funded by other sources
- Routine responsibilities of the educator submitting the proposal
- Projects that require multiple academic years for completion
- Admission fees and stipends for conferences, workshops, and competitions
- Transportation, incentives, meals, and refreshments
Grants may be used to compensate outside experts who come to work with students, but not to pay teachers or staff. Resources requested should be integral components of a well-planned classroom project/lesson plan, and important to its success.
Not currently accepting applications. CFOV will vet the applications and forward to Southwestern Energy for award recommendations.
Additional questions may be directed to Debbie at 304-242-3144 or email@example.com
applications accepted September 3 – October 11, 2019
Award notifications by early December 2019
Project timeline January 2020 – June 2020
Grant report due June 2020