Emergency Impact Fund Grants Announced
In just three short weeks, CFOV’s Emergency Impact Fund has provided grants totaling $97,373 to area nonprofits!
The fund, created in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, provides flexible operating grants to support organizations working through new challenges, with preference extended to nonprofits supporting basic human needs. Future preferences will be identified as needs evolve and grants will be awarded as long as funding exists.
Emergency Impact Fund grantees are continuing to perform critical work across CFOV’s eight-county service area despite the increasing strain on resources of all types.
- Center of Hope, Friendship Room
- CHANGE, Inc.
- Community Resources, Inc. New Martinsville, WV
- Epworth Center/Project Manna
- Glencoe Economic Development Committee – Emergency Food Pantry
- Harmony House, Inc.
- Hope United Methodist Church – Food Pantry
- Information Helpline
- Kathy’s House Foundation
- King’s Daughters Child Care Center
- Moundsville Middle School
- NAMI Greater Wheeling, Inc.
- North Wheeling Community Youth Center
- Ohio Valley Youth Network
- Refuge for Women – Ohio Valley
- Relationship Builders, Inc.
- Russell Nesbitt Services, Inc.
- The Salvation Army – Jefferson County, Moundsville, Weirton and Wheeling locations
- Urban Mission Ministries, Inc.
- Wheeling Health Right, Inc.
- Youth Services System, Inc.
Despite these trying times, the generosity demonstrated by Ohio Valley residents continues to shine. The Emergency Impact Fund has grown through contributions from individuals, fund advisors, corporations, private foundations and friends of philanthropy.
The Emergency Impact Fund serves as a convenient and easy way for donors to extend support to organizations contributing to the strength of our communities. The effects of these unprecedented times will continue well into the future and Emergency Impact Fund grants will be available as funding permits.
As a community foundation, CFOV supports those in its footprint through a variety of tools – some provide support over time and others are more immediate. The Emergency Impact Fund represents both – a true product of support for the community from the community when times are tough.
You are invited to join us in this important work by making a gift. You can do so by visiting here or by mailing a check made payable to CFOV (with Emergency Impact Fund in the memo) to 1226 Chapline Street – Wheeling, WV 26003.
To learn more about CFOV’s Emergency Impact Fund call CFOV at 304-242-3144 or email email@example.com.