Emergency Impact Fund Grants – $261,064 Awarded
CFOV’s Emergency Impact Fund has provided grants totaling $261,064 to area nonprofits!
The fund, created in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, provides flexible operating grants to support organizations working through new challenges, with preference extended to nonprofits supporting basic human needs. Future preferences will be identified as needs evolve and grants will be awarded as long as funding exists.
Emergency Impact Fund grantees are continuing to perform critical work across CFOV’s eight-county service area despite the increasing strain on resources of all types.
*indicates organization received funding through the expanded Emergency Impact Fund 2.0 grant opportunity
- Appalachian Outreach
- ArtsLink, Inc.*
- Augusta Levy Learning Center*
- Belco Works
- Belmont County General Health District
- Brooke Hancock FRN
- Catholic Charities West Virginia
- Center of Hope, Friendship Room
- CHANGE, Inc.*
- City of New Martinsville Parks & Rec*
- Community Resources, Inc. – New Martinsville
- Council of Senior Tyler Countians
- Easter Seal Rehabilitation Center
- Epworth Center/Project Manna
- Faith in Action Caregivers*
- Family Recovery Center
- Family Service – Upper Ohio Valley
- Foster Hope Ohio Valley
- Friends of Brooke Hills Park*
- Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council
- Glencoe Economic Development Committee – Emergency Food Pantry
- Harmony House, Inc.
- Helping Hands of Toronto*
- Helping Heroes, Inc.
- Holy Family Child Care & Development Center, Inc.
- Hope United Methodist Church – Food Pantry
- House of the Carpenter
- Information Helpline
- Kathy’s House Foundation
- King’s Daughters Child Care Center*
- Laughlin Memorial Chapel
- Marshall County Family Resource Network
- Moundsville Middle School
- NAMI Greater Wheeling, Inc.*
- North Wheeling Community Youth Center
- Ohio County Family Resource Network
- Ohio Valley Health Center
- Ohio Valley Recovery, Inc. – The Unity Center*
- Ohio Valley Youth Network
- Refuge for Women – Ohio Valley
- Relationship Builders, Inc.
- Russell Nesbitt Services, Inc.
- Simpson United Methodist Church – Shephard’s Pantry*
- St. Vincent de Paul Church, Wheeling
- The Lighthouse Child Advocacy Center*
- The Salvation Army – Jefferson County, Moundsville, Weirton and Wheeling
- United Way – Jefferson County
- Urban Mission Ministries, Inc.
- Weirton Christian Center
- Weirton United Way*
- Wheeling Health Right, Inc.
- Youth Services System, Inc.
- YWCA – Wheeling*
Despite these trying times, the generosity demonstrated by Ohio Valley residents continues to shine. The Emergency Impact Fund has grown through contributions from individuals, fund advisors, corporations, private foundations and friends of philanthropy.
The Emergency Impact Fund serves as a convenient and easy way for donors to extend support to organizations contributing to the strength of our communities. The effects of these unprecedented times will continue well into the future and Emergency Impact Fund grants will be available as funding permits.
As a community foundation, CFOV supports those in its footprint through a variety of tools – some provide support over time and others are more immediate. The Emergency Impact Fund represents both – a true product of support for the community from the community when times are tough.
You are invited to join us in this important work by making a gift. You can do so by visiting www.cfov.org or by mailing a check made payable to CFOV (with Emergency Impact Fund in the memo) to 1226 Chapline Street – Wheeling, WV 26003.
To learn more about CFOV’s Emergency Impact Fund call CFOV at 304-242-3144 or email email@example.com.