Grants | Community Impact Grants
While many of the charitable funds established at the Community Foundation for the Ohio Valley, Inc. have been either designated for a specific purpose or are otherwise restricted in their distribution, the Foundation has developed a pool of several unrestricted funds. These funds were accumulated from multiple donors who simply wanted to make an unrestricted gift and placed their trust in the Community Foundation to manage the gifts and their distributions.
It is these unrestricted funds that allow the Community Foundation for the Ohio Valley to engage in a process of “Community Impact” grant-making each year.
2021 Community Impact Grant Timeline
9/10/21 – 10/19/2021 Pre-Applications accepted (preview application here)
3rd week of November Selected organizations invited to submit a full grant application
12/14/2021 Full grant application submission deadline
Late January 2022 Grant award notifications
(for planning purposes, an ideal project timeline would be Feb 2022 through Jan 2023)
Community Impact Grant Process:
Step 1 – Submit Pre-Application online when available.
Step 2 – Upon approval and by invitation, you will be asked to submit a full online Grant Application
- Be a 501(c)(3) as determined by the IRS, faith-based organization, or government entity (i.e. libraries, schools, etc.)
- Provide services within the counties of Hancock, Brooke, Ohio, Marshall, Tyler and Wetzel in West Virginia and Belmont and Jefferson in Ohio
- Be current on all final reports for grants from the Foundation; if your agency has a program currently being funded by the Foundation and your final report is not yet due, you must submit an interim report letting us know the progress of your program or project when applying for a new grant
- Substance Abuse Prevention/Treatment
- Next Generation Leadership/Mentoring
- Youth Recreation/Activities
- Economic Development
While these focus areas have been identified by the foundation, they do not prohibit funding to projects that fall outside the areas should they be a great benefit to the community.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.