CHEVRON COMMUNITY FUND AWARDS GRANTS
Wheeling, W.Va. – Chevron and the Community Foundation for the Ohio Valley (CFOV) announce six recipients of grants from the Chevron Community Fund, a strategic grant-making program funded by Chevron and administered by the CFOV. The announcement was made during a recognition ceremony at Marshall County Family Resource Network in Moundsville on Monday, June 22.
The following grant recipients were announced:
- American Heart Association – CPR training in grades 6-12 for 5 schools in Marshall County
- Cameron Elementary School– To implement TLiM, The Leader in Me program to improve performance of all aspects of the school
- Limestone VFD – To purchase commercial washer/extractor and commercial gear dryer
- Upper Ohio Valley Sexual Assault Help Center – To enhance outreach efforts to sexual violence victims through increased awareness.
- Wheeling Health Right – Provide services to Marshall County residents
- Youth Services Systems – Summer STEM project
The Chevron Fund holds two grant cycles annually. The next deadline for proposals is October 16, 2015. Applications are available on the CFOV website at www.cfov.org. The Chevron Community Fund was established to support nonprofit organizations in and/or serving Marshall County. The focused funding areas are STEM education, workforce development and basic human needs.